In addition to various microfinance products and services like savings, loans, micro-insurance, the company provides various value added services to its members. We refer to these as Value+ services. These are provided through a non-profit affiliate of Shalmala called Kadamba Charitable Trust founded and registered in 2001 as a non-governmental organization, or NGO, under the Indian trust Act. Kadamba Trust was founded with the vision of “Integrated Social Community Development” and its objective is to execute simple, strategic and measurable social development projects that will take care of all the basic needs of the poor and weaker sections of the society. The current accomplishments of Kadamba include the following:
- Child Creche Service for 22 Child Creche Centers facilitating 675 children supported by CSWB, Delhi
- Financial Support to Facilitate construction of cost effective rural homes for 1804+ poor families in association with Syndicate Bank, Sirsi & RGRHS, New Delhi
- Forming, motivating and leading to self empowerment of Self Help Groups with 1050+ SHG’s consisting of 18,150 members with micro savings of Rs.3.60 crores
- Provided Health Facilities(NITTE) and Innovative Life Insurance Schemes (GIC)
- Support for 150+ agro-horti farmer groups for all aspects of training and produce buy-back. These include vanilla, arecanut and cocoa growers.
- Various training programs for the SHG members in knitting, tailoring, candle making and other employment generation activities.
- Computer training for basic data-entry and graphic design work for deserving students on a scholarship basis.